Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Rule of Three

It is my humble opinion that everyone in the world should at all times have answers to the following questions:

What are you reading?
Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End by Deepal Chopra.

the title comes from Gandhi's saying "There is no way to peace. Peace is the way." I'm 50 pages in and this book literally has the power to change your life (if you're ready). This book is not about ending war... but ending the very idea of war.

"The ego itself has to be disarmed to live the way of peace. For me as an individual to be free, I have to confront myself with questions about who I really am, and this is done in large part by examining the layers of false identity that I mistakenly call me."

Fabulous read... a full report will follow once i'm done

What are you listening to?
ULTRA CHILL 01 is an astounding mix of some of my favorite trip hop artists... like Royksopp, Zero 7, and more... i love love love the calm effect this music has on me. I listened to Royksopp while trop'n around Europe. Very Centering.

Also Sparta. This has a punk feel with the emo-ness of At the Drive In with some political motives like Rage Against the Machine.

Name Three Things You're Grateful For
1. My Wife
2. My New Ford F150 Company Truck
3. Having a solid basketball game (Immodium AD is currently 5-2)

how 'bout you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I'm reading: "Libra" by Don Delillo

What I'm listening to: (this minute) Monster Ballads

3 Things I'm grateful for: 1. Good friends 2. Good family 3. Good times with 1 & 2

- Kim

Anonymous said...

read: Life of PI

Listen: Cosmic Game by Thievery Corporation

Grateful: Internet, being employed, and beer.

-J Dump

emotionaltoothpaste said...

What I'm reading: The Lovely Bones by, um, someone's name that I can't remember. I'm bad with names

What I'm listening to: a bunch of Elvis Costello, gearing up for the April concert

3 things I'm grateful for: Chipotle, wireless internet, getting accepted into grad school

Anonymous said...

What I'm reading: The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst and Our Passion for Justice - Images of Power, Sexuality, and Liberation by Carter Heyward Yeah for Beth Stroud at FUMCOG winning her appeal and being re-frocked!

My motto: always be reading 2 or 3 books at a time - makes life more interesting

What I'm listening to: SILENCE Isn't it beautiful!

3 things I'm grateful for: Bob, family, friends "If it doesn't breathe, it doesn't matter."